Home Learning is an important extension of the work carried out in the classroom and should be seen as an integral part of the school day.
At Huddersfield Grammar School, Home Learning follows these principles:
- All students will be set Home Learning on a regular basis in most subjects as included on the Home Learning Timetable
- Home Learning seeks to challenge students as well as consolidate learning
- Home Learning will be appropriate to the year group, ability and experience of students and will relate to the topics being studied in class
- The Home Learning timetable for each class will be written in the Pupil Planner giving details of what days subjects will be set at the start of the year
- Parents/guardians are requested to sign the Pupil Planner on a weekly basis
Each child will have two or three subjects on most days. It is impossible to say accurately how long your Home Learning should take, but you should be doing about one hour’s Home Learning each night in Year 7.
The Homework Timetable is published at the start of the academic year.