Jobs at Huddersfield Grammar School.
Full Time – Emotional Literacy Support Assistant (ELSA)
Fixed term contract to 14th July 2022
An exciting opportunity exists to join one of the leading independent schools in West Yorkshire, from Autumn 2021.
Huddersfield Grammar School seeks a committed Emotional Literacy Support Assistant to work alongside Senior Student Support and occasionally some Primary Students. The successful candidate will play a key role in providing support for children with identified social and emotional needs. Running support programmes which will enhance the quality of the schools teaching and learning, promoting excellent academic progress and well-being for its pupils
Huddersfield Grammar School is thriving and now comprises of over 540 students, from the Early Years to Year 11, with classes sizes typically limited to a maximum of 20 pupils per class.
Candidates for the post should have a passion for educational literacy and Mental Health support strategies while being able to understand the importance of holistic development and offer nurturing and enriching experiences to enable the development of the whole child.
To apply, please complete the attached Application Form and email it to Miss M Barber at Huddersfield Grammar School, at email@example.com.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 4th October 2021
Early applications are strongly encouraged, as the school reserves the right to make an early appointment.
Huddersfield Grammar School has a positive, professional approach to teaching.
Our teachers are expected to display:
- a high degree of professionalism in the classroom
- a lively engagement with the subject-content of their lessons
- a genuine appreciation for their pupils, and keen interest in their character and development
- above all, and in all things, a clear commitment to teaching excellence
Joining the teaching staff of a Cognita school offers the attractive prospect of:
- working with supportive and engaged parents
- being able to adopt a highly relational approach to teaching
- generally small classes of respectful and well-motivated pupils
- active encouragement to full participation in the extra-curricular life of our schools
- support for your continuing professional development and training from our education team
- a professional teacher network with which to exchange ideas and share best practice
Our schools offer competitive remuneration packages, which are negotiated by schools on an individual basis. Teaching staff also benefit from generous holiday entitlements.
To apply for a teaching or non-teaching role at Huddersfield Grammar School, please see the Cognita Schools careers page for details of any vacancies.
You will also be able to see all the latest Cognita vacancies and find out more about working for a Cognita school.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity (if the candidate has lived in the UK) and/or criminal/police checks for all other countries inhabited (irrespective of whether they worked in those countries).