Jobs at Huddersfield Grammar School.
TEACHER OF ENGLISH
An exciting opportunity exists to join one of the leading independent schools in West Yorkshire, from September 2019.
Huddersfield Grammar School seeks a dynamic and suitably qualified English specialist work throughout the Senior School. The successful candidate will blend creativity and rigour in the classroom, have a passion for the subject and the motivation to collaborate closely with the Head of English to propel our enthusiastic and hardworking pupils to excellent rates of academic progress.
The Senior School at Huddersfield Grammar School is thriving and now comprises of nearly 300 students, from Years 7-11, with classes sizes limited to a maximum of 20 pupils per class.
As an employee of a well-regarded independent school, the post-holder will also demonstrate a willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school. Salary will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
To apply, please complete the Application Form in this advertisement and email it to Miss M Barber at Huddersfield Grammar School, at email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 15th April 2019
Early applications are encouraged, as the school reserves the right to make an early appointment.
Application form for teaching and non-teaching vacancies.
Huddersfield Grammar School has a positive, professional approach to teaching.
Our teachers are expected to display:
- a high degree of professionalism in the classroom
- a lively engagement with the subject-content of their lessons
- a genuine appreciation for their pupils, and keen interest in their character and development
- above all, and in all things, a clear commitment to teaching excellence
Joining the teaching staff of a Cognita school offers the attractive prospect of:
- working with supportive and engaged parents
- being able to adopt a highly relational approach to teaching
- generally small classes of respectful and well-motivated pupils
- active encouragement to full participation in the extra-curricular life of our schools
- support for your continuing professional development and training from our education team
- a professional teacher network with which to exchange ideas and share best practice
Our schools offer competitive remuneration packages, which are negotiated by schools on an individual basis. Teaching staff also benefit from generous holiday entitlements.
To apply for a teaching or non-teaching role at Huddersfield Grammar School, please see the Cognita Schools careers page for details of any vacancies.
You will also be able to see all the latest Cognita vacancies and find out more about working for a Cognita school.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity (if the candidate has lived in the UK and/or criminal policy checks for all other countries lived or worked in for a period of 3 months or more since the age of 16 (irrespective of whether they worked in those countries).