Jobs at Huddersfield Grammar School.
Graduate Sports Assistant Opportunity – Part Time 0.6
An exciting opportunity exists to join one of the leading independent schools in West Yorkshire from September 2021.
Huddersfield Grammar School seeks an energetic, enthusiastic and suitably qualified coach with a passion for teaching Gymnastics as well as a love of all sports. The Sports Assistant, qualified to Level 2 Gymnastic Coach or above, to join our dedicated Sports Department.
Huddersfield Grammar School is thriving and has enjoyed significant growth in recent years, now comprising of over 540 students, from the Early Years to Year 11. Despite this, class sizes remain limited to a maximum of 20 pupils per class.
Candidates for the Sports Assistant post should illustrate a capacity to assist our Sports Director and Department in all aspects of day-to-day sports education. Supporting daily lessons as well as extra-curricular clubs and fixtures, developing the student’s skills via technical and practical interaction while in a nurturing and inspiring environment.
To apply, please complete the Application Form in this advertisement and email it to Miss M Barber at Huddersfield Grammar School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 9am Monday 21st June 2021
Early applications are encouraged, as the school reserves the right to make an early appointment.
Huddersfield Grammar School has a positive, professional approach to teaching.
Our teachers are expected to display:
- a high degree of professionalism in the classroom
- a lively engagement with the subject-content of their lessons
- a genuine appreciation for their pupils, and keen interest in their character and development
- above all, and in all things, a clear commitment to teaching excellence
Joining the teaching staff of a Cognita school offers the attractive prospect of:
- working with supportive and engaged parents
- being able to adopt a highly relational approach to teaching
- generally small classes of respectful and well-motivated pupils
- active encouragement to full participation in the extra-curricular life of our schools
- support for your continuing professional development and training from our education team
- a professional teacher network with which to exchange ideas and share best practice
Our schools offer competitive remuneration packages, which are negotiated by schools on an individual basis. Teaching staff also benefit from generous holiday entitlements.
To apply for a teaching or non-teaching role at Huddersfield Grammar School, please see the Cognita Schools careers page for details of any vacancies.
You will also be able to see all the latest Cognita vacancies and find out more about working for a Cognita school.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity (if the candidate has lived in the UK) and/or criminal/police checks for all other countries inhabited (irrespective of whether they worked in those countries).