We were delighted that the School Inspection Service team judged our school to be providing a high standard of education throughout when they visited in February 2015. Their key points were:
- Teaching and assessment are good and a significant proportion of the teaching is of outstanding quality. The best teaching is characterised by strong subject knowledge and expertise and evident enthusiasm for imparting these to pupils.
- The quality of the educational provision enables pupils to make at least good progress, and GCSE results at the end of Year 11 show that a high number of pupils exceed their predicted academic expectations.
- The quality of the curriculum is good throughout the school, with a number of outstanding features. It provides a broad and balanced range of learning opportunities, enhanced by a wide range of extra-curricular activities and clubs
- Opportunities provided for pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development are excellent. The school is a harmonious community where pupils feel safe, but are also articulate, independent and communicative.
- Excellent behaviour is founded on the school’s expectations of the pupils, and relationships at all levels, including those between teachers and pupils, are of high quality.
- The school has continued to develop and shows further significant improvements in its provision since the last inspection.