Huddersfield Grammar School takes pride in the academic progress and achievement of its pupils, and is now ranked by The Sunday Times as a Top 100 Prep School.
Extensive use is made of standardised data, the progress of each individual child is closely tracked and academic interventions are swift and impactful.
2021 GCSE Highlights
- Seven in every ten grades awarded exceeded the Year 7 benchmark assessment
- Over half of all students achieved grades 7-9 (A**-A equivalent) in all subjects, including English and Maths.
- 98% of students achieved at least five grades at 9-4 (formerly A*-C), including Maths and English.
- 31% of all subject grades achieved by students were awarded at grades 8-9 (A* and A** equivalent), up from 25% in 2020.
- 54% of all grades awarded to students were at 7-9, achieving double the UK average of 27%.
- Students also achieved 80% of all grades at 9-5, compared to 54% nationally.
Headteacher, Mrs Holmes
I am immensely proud of our wonderful Year 11 students, who have been outstanding ambassadors in such a challenging time for all. As a generation who have only known GCSE through Covid, they have engaged fully, both in the classroom and with 1-2-1 online learning, working with our dedicated staff to ensure their continuous academic journey. There is no doubt that this is due to the connection between students, parents and teachers, which was so carefully maintained. We are, therefore, very pleased they have achieved the grades they so richly deserve after much dedication, hard work and commitment.