We recognise that some of our pupils will have increased access to the internet as they spend more time at home and access our Online Learning Programme. We would thus recommend the following guidelines:
- Where possible, please ensure that you have the appropriate settings in place on the devices that your children will be using.
- We will be treating the online environment as part of the school day. Children must therefore be aware of their use of language and ensure that they behave appropriately whilst online.
- Please be vigilant about the websites that your children are visiting. You may need to check their work as well as having a good understanding of the tasks that they are undertaking.
- We ask that parents supervise online sessions in an appropriate manner.
- If your child is unwell or unavailable at the time of their assigned session, please inform their Form Teacher/Tutor in advance of the session.
- Please ensure that your child has adequate breaks from devices. Pupils will be set a wide variety of tasks by staff to encourage the use of mediums other than electronic devices.
- Please be aware that no online teaching via Microsoft Teams will be filmed by HGS.
- If you have any queries about the platforms being used, or if you have difficulty accessing a platform, please contact the Deputy Head (Pedagogy), Mrs Wareham, at email@example.com.
- Safeguarding concerns should be shared with the Designated Safeguarding Lead, Mrs Holmes, at firstname.lastname@example.org.